Our primary friends made special cookies and Valentines treats for a special cookie exchange. It was fun to see their faces light up when they received a cookie, and how happy and generous they were when sharing their baked goods with their friends.
Happy World Kindness Day!
Today is World Kindness Day; a day to show kindness and love to your families, friends, neighbors, or those you’ve only just met!
Our HBMH friends show kindness through grace and courtesy every day. Today, we discussed ways in which we can be kind to others. It was interesting to hear the replies from our young friends! We received answers all the way from “giving hugs”, to “giving my teacher a shoulder massage”, or “giving candy to others”. Definitely a fun discussion amongst the room!
Here are a few ways in which we distribute kindness throughout our community:
- We show kindness by baking fresh banana bread for our friends.
- We show kindness by giving hugs to those who are sad.
- We show kindness by listening when our friends talk.
- We show kindness to the animals in our room by cleaning their cage and replenishing their food & water.
- We show kindness by respecting our work and keeping our environment clean.
- We show kindness by helping our friends put on their shoes and jackets before we go outside.
- We show kindness by apologizing when we’ve said something bad/mean.
- We show kindness by donating to our quarterly charity.
What are ways that you can show kindness?